Steam generator tubes
Sandvik produces nuclear steam generator tubes that meet the most stringent Eddy Current multifrequency inspection demands and a signal-to-noise ratio of 15:1 or better.
The tubes are manufactured in a mill specially dedicated for the production of long U-bent steam generator tubes, with state-of-the-art non destructive examination (NDE) equipment.
Size range and alloys
The Sandvik program includes steam generator tubes in two alloys in size range OD 10-25.4 mm (0.394-1 in.):
|Sanicro 69||N06690 (Alloy 690)||NC 30FE|
|Sanicro 30||N08800 (Alloy 800)||-|
Sanicro 69 (Alloy 690) is primarily used in nuclear power plants of the pressurized water reactor (PWR) type. For this application Sanicro 69 is used in the 'thermally treated' condition, and is characterized by:
- Extremely high resistance to stress corrosion cracking in PWR primary side water conditions
- Good corrosion resistance in caustic environments
- Good structural stability
- Good weldability
- Seamless condenser tubes and heat exchanger tubes: ASTM B 163
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel section II ASME SB 163, AFCEN RCCM M4105