Sandvik ClikLoc connector
Sandvik ClikLoc is a bayonet type, stab-in, self-centering connector combining hook-up time savings with increased operating safety in riser applications within oil and gas exploration and production.
With Sandvik ClikLoc connector make and break times can be reduced by at least 80%. Since no loose components or make-up tools are involved the hazards of falling objects are elimimated.
Sandvik ClikLoc connector is designed and manufactured in accordance with ISO 13628-7 and DNV certified for completion and workover riser systems. Read more about the design of Sandvik ClikLoc connector
Typical applications for Sandvik ClikLoc connector are:
- Coil tubing stack-up risers
- Flow head connections
- Lubricator towers
- Kill and choke lines
- Mud lines
- Replacement of hammer union nuts
Features and advantages of Sandvik ClikLoc connector
The innovative time/cost savings and safety features of the Sandvik ClikLoc connector surpass all other designs and operational systems currently available within the global oil and gas industry. Features and advantages include:
Bayonet type, stab-in, self-centering coupling
- No rotation of the riser during set up
Metal to metal seal
- Needs very low pretension, the weight of the riser joint is sufficient, and the seal is guaranteed when locked.
- The seal is reusable allowing multiple make and breaks.
Made of super-duplex stainless steel Sandvik SAF 2507
- Suitable for sour and standard service.
- Operates at temperatures up to 121°C (250°F) and pressures up to 10,000 psi.
Connector body made using hot isostatic pressing (HIP)
- Properties that are equal in all directions (isotropic properties).